Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

District Clerk

  • Civil

    • Can you give me my case number?

      This information can be obtained by calling 979-864-1128. There is a search $5.00.
    • How can I e-File?

      Please visit the Texas Online Web site at
    • How much are the Filing Fees?

      Filing fees vary depending on the type of action. Please refer to the Fee List for Civil and Family.
    • Is there a number I can call to get case information?

      We do not give out information over the phone. You can get information by checking the Judicial Record Search on our website at
    • What are the methods of payment accepted? Can I pay by check?

      In Person with Cash, Credit Card (with proper ID), Money Order or Cashier's Check. Via Internet with Credit Card Bureau Code 4375276. By Mail with Cashier's Check and Money Order. By Phone with Credit Card 1-866-549-1010 Bureau Code 4375276.

      Please note Registry payments may not be made by Credit Card.


    • What are your hours of operation?

      The Brazoria County Courthouse is open on M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    • What is your address?

      Physical and mailing address is 111 E. Locust St., Ste. 500, Angleton, TX 77515.
    • When filing attorney vacation schedules, what months are considered summer designations and non-summer designations?

      June, July and August are summer designations. All other months (September - May) are non-summer designations. Any days at the beginning of June that fall in the last week of May are also non-summer days. This last week of May is counted fully as a week in May.
    • Where do I file my pleadings?

      If you pro se, please mail or come in person to Brazoria County District Clerk, 111 E. Locust, Ste. 500, Angleton, TX 77515.
    • Where do I pay court costs on a Tax Suit?

      Court costs can be paid at the Brazoria County District Clerk's Office, Bookkeeping Department, 111 E. Locust St., Ste. 500, Angleton, TX 77515.