Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What is the total area of Brazoria County? 

The total area of Brazoria County to the coastline, calculated from the County Geographic Information System (electronic map) is 1,494 square miles.  That figure includes significant water area from coastal bays as well as inland lakes, reservoirs and other bodies of water.

United States Census Bureau data downloaded from the Texas State Data Center web site shows Brazoria County to have:

  • Land Area = 1,386.40 square miles
  • Water Area = 211.04 square miles

How much does a driveway permit cost? 

Currently, there is no charge for a Driveway/Culvert Permit.  The landowner shall purchase the Reinforced Concrete Culvert Pipe (RCP), as sized by Brazoria County. The landowner may choose to purchase surface material (crushed limestone of crushed concrete) and have onsite to be installed with their culvert. 

What is the size of a standard driveway? 

A standard driveway is recommended to be at least 20 feet.  A driveway longer than 48 feet will need clean-out openings or grates supplied by the citizen, and must be approved by Engineering. 

Where can I get a Brazoria County Map, what size are they, and how much do they cost? 

Brazoria County maps are available from the Engineering Department in the Courthouse West Annex, located across the street from the Courthouse, on the West side.

Brazoria County Maps are 38 x 42 inches.  Black & white maps cost $10.00 each, color maps cost $25.00 each. 

Where can I find out about deed restrictions for a piece of property I own or am interested in purchasing? 

Deed Records is located East Annex:1524 E. Mulberry Angleton, (979) 864-1059  (old Wal-Mart building on E. Hwy 35)

Where can I obtain an Elevation Certificate for my home? 

This information can be obtained from Flood Plain Administration, located on the 2nd floor of the Courthouse West Annex, in room 210.  (979) 864-1295 

Do you pick up dead animals? 

Yes, the County will pick up dead animals in the public right-of-way. Please submit a request through this link, or contact Brazoria County Engineering Department at (979) 864-1265. If it is on a city street (i.e. City of Angleton) please call the respective Public Works or Street Maintenance Department.  

Who can I contact regarding floodplain mapping and flood zones for my area? 

This information can be obtained from Flood Plain Administration, located on the 2nd floor of the Courthouse West Annex, in room 210.  (979) 864-1295 

If I live within a city or village in Brazoria County, where can I get zoning information? 

Zoning information is provided to residents from their respective city or village Zoning Department. For a list of available municipality websites for Brazoria County, please click here

What are the zoning regulations in Brazoria County?

Brazoria County does not regulate land use or have any zoning ordinances in the unincorporated areas of the County. If you are with city limits, you must follow the city's zoning regulations. An official letter regarding this matter can be found here.

When am I required to plat?

See Subdivision Regulations.

How are street names and markers assigned? 

See Subdivision Regulations or call (979) 864-1265.

How do I get a new address for my house?

Contact the 911 Addressing Department at (979) 864-1265.

What do I need for a permit for sewage facilities?

Contact Brazoria County Environmental Health Department (979) 864-1600

How do I get my subdivision and its roads maintained by the County?

The process by which this occurs is called an "Assessment." Details can be found on our Assessment page.

How can I find out if a road is maintained by the County?

If the road is a US or State Highway (SH) or Farm to Market (FM) state road, is in the city limits of an incorporated city, or is a private road, the County does not maintain it. To find out, contact the Engineering office at (979) 864-1265.

Whom do I contact about road repair or maintenance?

You may submit a request through this link, contact your Precinct office, or contact the Engineering office at (979) 864-1265.

What rules does the County have about mail boxes?

If you are installing a mail box on a County maintained road, you will need to install the mailbox yourself; we do not install mail boxes. Please see the official mailbox policy here.

How do I get specialty signs installed on a road?

For signs other than normal regulatory traffic signs, you will need to send a letter and or petition with signatures of area residents to our department stating your request and reasons/justification for needing the sign. The Commissioners' Court  will then approve or disapprove this request. If your request is approved, you will need to then purchase the sign yourself and the Road & Bridge Department will install the sign if on a County maintained road. For more information please see the sign policy.

I'm a contractor. How do I bid on County road work?

Please see the vendor information from the Purchasing Department. 

Establishing a cemetery

Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 711, entitled "GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO CEMETERIES," contains various statutes relating to the establishment and administration of cemeteries.  There may be other state laws regarding cemeteries.  

In particular, Sec. 711.034 of the Texas Health and Safety Code establishes the requirements for dedication of property for cemetery plots.  One of those requirements is that the party proposing a cemetery prepare a map or plat according to certain standards, and that

"The county clerk shall number and file the map or plat and record the certificate or declaration in the county deed records."

The Texas Health and Safety Code may be available in public libraries for those wishing to learn more about the process.  It is also available online.

Anyone interested in establishing a cemetery, after reading the state regulations should probably contact an attorney to discuss the legalities of the issue.