Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Immunizations

    • Are there residency requirements to receive service at your clinic?

      No, we provided immunizations to qualifying persons regardless of residency.
    • Can I have titers drawn to check for immunity at this clinic?

      No, our clinic only provides immunizations to those clients who qualify.' Please call your physician to get a titer drawn.
    • Can my child receive a school physical at your clinic?

      No, we are unable to provide physicals for anyone.' Please see your child's physician for a physical.' However, your child may receive his/her immunizations necessary for school admission if they qualify under the Texas Vaccines for Children program.
    • Do I need a shot record when I come in for shots?

      Yes, a shot record is required for every visit, you may be turned away or visit may be prolonged until we can obtain your records.
    • Do you offer any programs for health assistance?

      Brazoria County has an Indigent Health Care Program.' There are specific criteria you must meet to qualify.' Please see the Indigent Care section of this website.' There is also a pharmaceutical assistance program called OATH.' More information about this program can be found by calling 281-388-2699 for the Alvin location or 979-848-8090 for the Angleton location
    • Do you offer shots to adults?

      Yes, adults (aged 19 years and older) that DO NOT HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE OF ANY KIND can receive vaccines from the Brazoria County Health Department. Click here for more information:
    • How do I obtain a copy of my shot record?

      You will need to fill out a Release of Records form in person at one of our locations, or print one out from the website and fax it to us.' A parent may consent to receive their child's record; however, if the child is 18 years or older, that client must consent for his/her own record. Click here for more information in English.  Click here for more information in Spanish.
    • How much does it cost?

      Our services are free and the vaccines are provided by the TVFC program at no cost.
    • Is it possible to get medical care (sick visits or well visits), for my child when we come for immunizations?

      No, we do not have a doctor available in our clinic.' We have licensed nurses to provide immunizations to those clients who qualify.
    • My child is sick. Is it possible still to receive vaccinations?

      As long as the person needing vaccines does not have a fever of 100 degrees or more.
    • My new job or school requires a tuberculosis skin test (TST) prior to my start date.' May I receive a TST at your clinic?

      No, we do not provide TSTs for the general public.' However, if you plan on receiving vaccines with us have the TST placed and read prior to your visit with us.
    • What do I need to bring with me?

      A shot record and/or school form requesting vaccinations.
    • Where are you located?

      Please see clinic sites under the immunizations tab.
    • Why can't you give shots to my child who has insurance?' Didn't you used to give shots to anyone who needed them?

      Effective 1/1/2012 Due to State and Federal budget cuts, patients must now meet specific qualifications to receive vaccines from the Brazoria County Health Department.
  • Indigent

    • How do I apply for the Indigent Health Care program?

      Click here to be redirected to the Application Link.
  • PHEP

  • STD

    • Are there residency requirements to receive service at your clinic?

    • How are the STD test done?

      A blood draw is required for Syphilis and HIV testing; then a physical exam is performed by the physician for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing.
    • How do I get a copy of my test results?

      After we have received your test results from the lab, you may obtain a copy from our clinic, by calling 24hrs in advance then you will be required to provide a valid ID to pick up results.
    • How much does it cost for testing and treatment?

      Our services are free.
    • What do I need to bring with me?

      For the testing, we do not require anything. If you have been tested and need treatment, you must provide a copy of your last positive test results.
    • What if my results are positive?

      Should any of your results come back positive, you are asked to return on the following Tuesday for a 'follow-up test', 'test of cure' or further treatment.
    • What STDs do you test for?

      We test for 4 infections: Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis and HIV.
    • When do we get test results?

      All specimens are sent to an outside lab; it takes 10 days from the time of your exam for our clinic to get results. *You will be given a date, time, and a phone number to call for results.
    • When is STD Clinic held?

      Tuesdays only at 1pm, we ask everyone to be here at 12:30pm to fill out the required paperwork.
  • TB

    • Are there residency requirements to receive service at your clinic?

      Yes, you must reside in Brazoria County to be seen in our clinic for tuberculosis, if you move after you have started treatment ' you will be referred to the county you reside in.
    • How is TB spread?

      TB germs are put into the air when a person with Tb disease of the lungs or throat coughs, sneezes, speaks, or sings. These germs can stay in the air for several hours, depending on the environment. Persons who breathe in the air containing these TB germs can become infected; this is called latent TB infection.
    • What are the symptoms of TB?

      The general symptoms of TB disease include feelings of sickness or weakness, weight loss, fever, and night sweats. The symptoms of TB disease of the lungs also include coughing, chest pain, and the coughing up of blood. Symptoms of TB disease in other parts of the body depend on the area affected.
    • What do I need to bring with me?

      You will need to provide a copy of your immigration documents, any prior TB test results and/or chest x-rays, as well as treatments/medications you have received from other facilities.
    • What if I have a positive TB test?

      A positive TB skin test or TB blood test means that a person has been in contact with the TB germ. Other tests and screenings will be needed to determine whether the person has latent TB or TB disease, such as a chest x-ray and/or a sputum specimen. Treatment is then decided by the physician.
    • What is TB?

      Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by germs that spread from person to person through the air. TB usually affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body, such as the brain, the kidneys, or the spine. A person with TB can die if they do not get treatment.
    • What is the difference between latent TB and active TB?

      Latent TB infection (LTBI) is a condition in which TB bacteria are alive but inactive in the body. People with latent TB infection have no symptoms, do not feel sick, and can NOT spread TB bacteria to others; but usually have a positive TB test, and may develop active TB disease if not treated. Once latent TB has progressed, it is considered active TB disease - this is called Conversion. Active TB disease is an illness in which TB bacteria are multiplying and attacking a part of the body, usually the lungs. A person with active TB disease may be infectious and spread TB bacteria to others.
    • Who do you provide your TB services to?

      We provide surveillance, screening, and ensure adequate treatment of TB disease for SUSPECTED or CONFIRMED TB patients that reside in Brazoria County.
  • Water Lab


      Most coliform bacteria do not cause diseases. There are some rare strains of E. coli that cause disease or even death. These are usually found in raw are undercooked meat, especially ground beef.

      Call the lab (979-864-1628) and we will provide you with a sterile container and instructions.

      Results are usually available the following day.

      The cost is $15.00 per sample.

      It is recommended to have private, domestic water wells tested once a year.

      Coliform bacteria are collectively referred to as indicator organisms because they indicate the presence of human or animal feces. The coliform Escherichia coli (E. coli) will always be found in fresh pollution from warm blooded animals. Coliforms are also easily identifiable in the laboratory making them excellent indicator organisms.

      Contact the Water Lab to discuss the results. Information on well disinfection procedures will be given and, if needed, names and contact numbers for local Well Operators that can help with well disinfection.

      Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Click here to see our calendar for days the lab is accepting samples.
  • WIC

    • How do I apply for WIC?

      To apply for participation in the WIC Program, you can call or walk into your local WIC clinic to schedule an appointment. Call 979-864-1576 or 979-388-1576 or 281-756-1576 to set an appointment for a WIC clinic in Brazoria 
    • What are the eligibility requirements?

      • You need to apply in person.
      • You need to meet income guidelines. WIC determines income based on gross income. We count all members of your household, related or not related to you. We also count your unborn baby as part of your household.
      • If you bring proof of participation in Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) no other documents are needed. If you participate in one of these programs, you may already be eligible for WIC.
      • Even if you don't qualify for one of these programs, you may still be eligible for WIC.
      • You need to have a health and nutrition checkup at your WIC appointment. WIC will measure, weigh, and check the iron level of each family member applying for WIC. This helps us write a "nutrition prescription" for a monthly food package that best fits you or your family.
      • You need to live in Texas. WIC provides services in every county and U.S. citizenship is not a requirement for eligibility.
    • Who can apply for WIC?

      • Pregnant women
      • Breastfeeding women
      • Women who had a baby within the last six months
      • Parents, step-parents, guardians, and foster parents of infants and children up to their 5th birthday
      • Just like any other parent or guardian, fathers can bring their children to appointments, attend nutrition classes, and get benefits for their children.